Terms and Conditions
Zip Moving & Storage, Inc
- Mover means Zip Moving and Storage, Inc. and its parent, subsidiary and any affiliated entities or any assignee of the obligations of Zip Moving and Storage, Inc. hereunder
- Shipper or You means the consumer who is hiring the Mover.
- Long Distance/Interstate
- Packing abbreviations:
CP means packed by the Mover (aka Carrier)
PBO means Packed by Owner
PO means fragile item to be wrapped with Pads Only per Shipper
- Representative means such representative or agent of the Mover, which may include, as the context requires, an employee, foreman, mover, helper, or independent contractor
- COD means Cash on Delivery
- Pickup location means the origin location of the move where the goods will be picked up
- Extra Stop-off means a location between pickup and delivery location where additional items will be picked up, or certain items will be unloaded
- Delivery location means the final destination where the items will be unloaded
a. CREDIT CARD ON FILE
In order to book your move, we require your credit card on file regardless of how you will be paying for your move. Please contact (855) 947-6543 ext. 206 with any questions.
By signing the Confirmation Page and providing your Credit Card information you authorize Zip Moving and Storage to charge the credit card that you provide for the initial deposit, to hold the credit card on file, and to charge the credit card for any balance due upon completion of services.
Zip Moving and Storage will keep your Credit Card on file until the completion of services or the cancelation of services.
b. DEPOSIT PAYMENT
- To secure your move date, a deposit is required upon booking for Local moves (hourly-based moves). For Long Distance moves, the required Deposit is 10% of the transportation fee.
- You have 24 hours to pay your deposit to secure your move date from the date and time it is sent for your confirmation. Zip Moving and Storage reserves the right to change the originally quoted hourly rate on the Shipper’s requested services if the Shipper does not pay their deposit within 24 hours. Zip Moving and Storage can not guarantee availability if the deposit is not paid within 24 hours. The quoted hourly rate is subject to change due to peak moving days, Shipper time window requests, and availability if the quote is not paid within 24 hours.
- All deposit payments are to be paid electronically via the secure payment link shared with you, or over the phone. We accept credit/debit cards as follows: Master Card, Visa, and Discovery.
c. PAYMENT FOR SERVICES (OUTSTANDING BALANCE)
- You must pay the total outstanding balance to Zip Moving and Storage or its Representative prior to the unloading at the delivery location. The Mover will not deliver or relinquish possession of any property transported by it until all tariff rates and charges thereon have been paid in full. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any such delivery shall not be deemed a waiver of the right to pursue unpaid amounts.
- If you have paid a deposit, such deposit will be applied to your balance, and all remaining charges are immediately due and payable, and you are responsible for payment of all charges for Services ordered and received through the Zip Moving and Storage platforms. Charges will be inclusive of applicable taxes where required by law. Charges paid by you are final and non-refundable unless otherwise determined by Zip Moving and Storage. If the charge to your credit or debit card is declined, you authorize Zip Moving and Storage to use a secondary payment method provided by you, if applicable.
- We accept cash, bank checks/cashier’s checks (one drawn by a bank on itself and signed by an officer of the bank), and all major credit and debit cards, Visa, MasterCard, and Discovery for the remaining balance of your invoice (We do NOT accept American Express), except where other satisfactory arrangements have been made between the Zip Moving and Storage and the consignor or consignee. If you have opted to pay cash or check on the day of your move you must in writing, or by phone notify Zip Moving and Storage when you receive your invoice and or during the booking process.
- If any outstanding payment is not made a third-party debt collector will be contacted and this may impact your credit score.
- Zip Moving and Storage will defer billing for the payment of the balance of any remaining charges for a period of 30 days following the date of delivery. After this 30-day period, Zip Moving and Storage may demand payment of the balance of any remaining charges.
- Final charges will be based on the actual working time (hourly based/ local moves) or weight or cubic feet/volume (long distance moves) of property and services provided. The maximum amount demanded at the time of delivery, before unloading, is the amount of the non-binding estimate plus 10%; or 100% of the binding estimate. Actual charges may exceed the amount estimated if additional services were ordered or required to be performed; if the Shipper moved additional items, weight, or cubic feet; or if extra service options such as packing or storage were necessary.
- The final charges associated with an estimate are determined by the actual weight of the shipment, subject to a 2,000-pound minimum. If the actual weight of the shipment is less than the estimated weight, final charges will be based on the greater of the applicable minimum or 100% of the original estimated weight less 20 cents per pound for the weight under the estimate.
- If the Shipper does not agree with the new prices that resulted from the additional items/services, Zip Moving and Storage is not required to move additional items or perform additional services. Zip Moving and Storage will only be responsible for the items/services listed on the original estimate.
- A 4% Credit Card fee is applied if you decide to pay by credit card. This fee is based on your Balance Due amount.
d. STORAGE CHARGES
- The Shipper is charged per month, prorated after the first 30 days.
- If the Shipper wishes to access their belongings, they are required to schedule a date with the office. Additional charges may apply.
- Storage charges will be based on the volume and size of the items going into the storage. The minimum storage fee per month will be $125.
A 5% yearly increase in price will apply each year.
- A credit card is required for automatic recurring billing for the monthly storage dues. If a credit card is not provided for storage payments in advance, the credit card on file will be used for the recurring monthly storage payment due on the 1st of each month. By signing the estimate, you consent to use the credit card on file for automatic recurring storage billing. The credit card on file can be changed for the current billing cycle by calling our office at least 1 business day prior to the payment due date.
- Rent is due on the first (1st) of every month, regardless of receipt of the payment notice.
- A late payment fee will be applied to all payments made three days after the actual payment date. A grace period of up to 3 days will apply, any further delay in payment will cause a late fee charge of $20 per month OR 15% of the monthly storage dues, whichever is greater.
- In the event of a chargeback or dispute, there will be a service fee of no less than $50 plus legal fees and collection charges.
e. RESCHEDULE / CANCELATION OF SERVICE
Unexpected situations happen sometimes so if it is necessary to cancel or reschedule your scheduled move, we require that you let us know more than 5 days in advance of your scheduled move to avoid cancellation/rescheduling fees.
Charged amounts are not taken into account when referring to the service costs.
If your desired rescheduling date is unavailable, you will be presented with the closest dates to your desired date.
Hourly Based Moves
You can reschedule your move if you contact us more than 3 days before the day of your move to avoid the rescheduling fee.
Rescheduling 3 days or less, but more than the day of your move, Zip Moving and Storage will charge you a $240.00 Rescheduling fee to the Credit Card on file.
You can cancel your move if you contact us more than 5 days before the day of your move without incurring a cancellation fee by notifying Zip Moving in writing by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canceling 5 days prior to your move, and more than 3 days, Zip Moving and Storage will charge you a $150.00 Cancellation fee to the Credit Card on file, and Zip Moving and Storage will keep the deposited amount.
Canceling 3 days or less, but more than the day of your move, Zip Moving and Storage will charge you a $360.00 Cancellation fee to the Credit Card on file, and Zip Moving and Storage will keep the deposited amount.
On the day of the move:
Rescheduling the service on the day of the move will result in a charge of $600.00.
Canceling the service on the day of the move will result in a charge of $600.00, and Zip Moving and Storage will keep the deposited amount by the Shipper.
Charged amounts are not taken into account when referring to the service costs.
If your desired rescheduling date is unavailable, you will be presented with the closest dates to your desired date.
LONG DISTANCE MOVES
Weight / Cubic Feet based
You can reschedule your move if you contact us more than 5 days before the day of your move to avoid the rescheduling fee.
Rescheduling 5 days prior to your move, and before 3 days of your move, Zip Moving and Storage will charge you 50% of the deposited amount (minimum $200.00) to the Credit Card on file.
Rescheduling 3 days or less, but more than the day of your move, Zip Moving and Storage will charge you 100% of the deposited amount (minimum $400.00) to the Credit Card on file.
You can cancel your move if you contact us more than 5 days before the day of your move without incurring a cancellation fee by notifying Zip Moving and Storage in writing by e-mail to email@example.com.
If canceling 5 days or less, but more than the day of your move, 20% of the estimated Grand Total Price will be charged to the Credit Card on file.
On the day of the move:
Rescheduling the service on the day of your move will result in a charge of 30% of the estimated Grand Total Price.
Canceling the service on the day of your scheduled load/pick-up, or canceling any rescheduled move date, will result in a charge of 30% of the Grand Total Price, and Zip Moving and Storage will keep the deposited amount.
Charged amounts are not taken into account when referring to the service costs!
If your desired rescheduling date is unavailable, you will be presented with the closest dates to your desired date!
- As a Shipper, you have responsibilities both to your mover and yourself. They include:
- Reading all moving documents issued by the mover or broker, as well as the booklets/pamphlets issued by the FMCSA (Your Rights and Responsibilities when you move; Prepare for your move; etc). The Shipper acknowledges that such documents are available at https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/protect-your-move/consumer-rights.
- Being available at the time of pickup and delivery of your shipment. If you are not available you should appoint a representative to act on your behalf. Any representative acting on your behalf should have a signed Power of Attorney (POA).
- We cannot accommodate price adjustments or inventory changes within three (3) business days from the start of your move, as moves have already been scheduled operationally, and any changes can impact the quality of service you will receive. Zip Moving and Storage reserves the right to add additional men, trucks, or materials to complete your job safely and efficiently. You will be responsible for any additional resources used by Zip Moving to complete your move. Promptly notify your mover if something has changed regarding your shipment (i.e. move dates; additional items; etc).
- Making payment in the amount required and in the form agreed to with the mover.
- Promptly filing claims for loss, damage, or delays with your mover, if necessary.
- The email address that the Shipper provides should not be a group (multiple users) email address. In case the email address provided by the Shipper is used by other people/parties, every and all information provided through that email, and in the name of the Shipper will be classified as if the Shipper is the one communicating/corresponding.
- If any specific requests are made by the Shipper during the move (i.e. carry the furniture through narrow hallways risking damages) Zip Moving and Storage may send a waiver form to the Shipper which must be signed by the Shipper prior to the fulfillment of the request. Zip Moving and Storage has the right to refrain from performing such services unless and until the waiver is completed by the Shipper, in the sole discretion of Zip Moving and Storage or its Representative.
- If in any way, the Shipper directly or indirectly creates difficult circumstances for the Mover to perform the service, and this issue was already addressed by the customer service representative, Zip Moving and Storage has the right to cancel the move and charge all applicable fees(Cancellation on the day of the move, etc.).
- Packing Services
Zip Moving and Storage offers packing services (partial packing or full packing).
The packing price depends on the amount of material used as well as the type of material.
If the Shipper requests packing or unpacking services, it will be completed by Zip Moving and Storage for an additional service charge. Last-minute packing requests can be rejected by Zip Moving and Storage or its Representative in their sole discretion.
Zip Moving and Storage will not dispose of packing materials, neither PBO nor CP boxes, unless the Shipper paid for the Unpacking services. UNPACKING RATES include unpacking service of containers furnished and packed by
Moverand disposal of such containers and materials if requested by the consignees.
- PBO (Packed by Owner/Shipper)
Neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf will be liable for any damages to your items packed by yourself (PBO). Make sure to pack your belongings safely in the moving boxes. Our team is not required to move any items that are not properly packed (damaged boxes; plastic bags; etc.). Shipper packing must be done in a safe manner in durable boxes made specifically for the use of packing household goods.
- Fragile Items
If the Shipper is packing their own fragile items (glassware, ceramics, etc.) Zip Moving and Storage will handle it with reasonable care. A fragile sticker/marking on such a box is mandatory. Notwithstanding the foregoing, and except in the case of Zip Moving and Storage’s gross negligence or willful misconduct, Zip Moving and Storage will not refund Shipper for any damages to the contents of frgile boxes packed by the owner.
If any items need to be repacked due to poor packing by the Shipper, Zip Moving and Storage may repack them into new boxes and charge the Shipper for the packing materials used. Zip Moving and Storage retains the right to not move any poorly packed items, in its sole discetion.
- Personal documents
Zip Moving and Storage is not responsible for damages or loss to, but not limited to, birth certificate, marriage certificate, Social Security cards, retirement accounts, life insurance documents, will, power of attorney, and other personal documents owned by the Shipper. It is the Shipper’s responsibility to take care of all important personal documents and arrange that the documents are safe and easily accessible at all times.
- Packing Service Only
In the event that you order only packing services, neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf is liable for any damages made during transportation or unpacking after the completion of services.
- Shipper PODs, Truck, Storage, or Container Loading and Unloading
In case the Shipper hires Zip Moving And Storage to only load/unload a truck, storage, container, or POD, Zip Moving and Storage cannot affect how things are packed, protected, transported, unloaded, loaded, or similar, and therefore will not bear any responsibility for the condition of the Shipper’s belongings, except in the case of gross negligence or willful misconduct.
- Access to the warehouse
Only Zip moving and Storage personnel can access the Shipper’s items, and only our personnel can move your items in and out of the storage.
Third-party loading/unloading: If you are sending another moving company to pick up the items, that means that Zip Moving and Storage may, but shall not be required to, unload the items from the storage and place them near the loading dock. Loading of the items is the responsibility of the third-party moving company hired by the Shipper.
If the truck that is arriving to pick up your items doesn’t belong to a moving company but is a private vehicle, the items have to be taken out of our storage, put onto our truck, and then put on the truck that arrived to pick them up.
- Storage in Transit
Zip Moving and Storage will store your items as Storage in Transit for up to 180 days (maximum period), if, at the time of the booking, the Shipper requests storage and informs the Zip Moving and Storage about the final destination of their items (Delivery destination).
Zip Moving and Storage must notify the Shipper in writing or by phone at least 10 days before the expiration date of:
- The specified period of time when Zip Moving and Storage is to hold the shipment in storage
- The maximum period of time provided in its tariff for Storage in Transit.
If Zip Moving and Storage is holding the items in Storage in Transit for less than 10 days, they must notify you, one day before the Storage in Transit period expires of the same information specified above.
When the storage period is about to expire, Zip Moving and Storage must notify the Shipper in writing about the following four items:
- The date when Storage in Transit will convert to permanent storage.
- The existence of a nine-month period after the date of conversion to permanent storage, during which the Shipper may file claims against the Zip Moving and Storage for loss or damage occurring to the goods while in transit or during the Storage in Transit period.
- When the Shipper’s liability will end for loss and damage.
- When the shipment will become subject to rules, regulations, and charges of the management of the storage facility.
- The minimum occupied space for each job is 245 ft³ even if the Shipper has less than the mentioned amount occupied.
- All of the utilities and appliances must be turned off from electric, gas, and water connections before they are moved, or placed into storage.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to hazardous materials, such as combustible liquids (alcoholic beverages; acids; oils; paints; etc.), compressed gases (aerosols, engine starter fluids; scuba diving tanks; etc.), explosives (ammunition; loaded guns; propane tanks; etc.), flammables (ammonia; bleach; gasoline; motor oil; petroleum products; etc.), perishables (frozen food; plants; produce; refrigerated food; etc.), contraband or other items prohibited by federal or state law (illegal drugs; etc.), stolen property, and other property which you do not have a lawful right to possess.
- Utilities and Appliances
Zip Moving and Storage requires all appliances to be disconnected, uninstalled, and drained (if necessary) by you before moving such items.Appliances that Zip Moving and Storage can move but not connect or disconnect include, but are not limited to, Chandeliers, Stove, Dishwashers, Refrigerator, Washer and Dryer.
We will not connect or disconnect any appliances at the pickup or destination location. The Shipper is responsible for those actions.
Neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf will be liable for electronics or appliances that fail to operate after being shipped and/or reconnected. You acknowledge and understand that electronics and appliances are not tested before shipment, and as such, it will not be possible to determine whether damage has occurred due to handling or shipment. In addition, neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf will be liable for any structural plumbing, electrical systems, or water damage associated with electronics or appliances.
Zip Moving and Storage will not drill the walls.
We are not responsible for any damages that occurred to TVs packed by the Shipper. The Shipper, or Zip Moving and Storage Representative, both have the right to require that the TVs be tested before being packed and moved, to determine if there are any preexisting damages/faults.
If the TV is working at the pickup but not at the delivery location without any external damages, Zip Moving and Storage will not be responsible for the damage.
Zip Moving and Storage does not offer TV Mount service. It is Shipper’s responsibility to remove TV Mounts off the walls.
- Basic Furniture
Zip Moving and Storage will transport basic furniture with no additional fees. If assembly and reassembly of basic furniture does not require movers to spend more than 20 minutes, this service is free of charge.
Basic Furniture includes, but is not limited to, items like chairs, tables, bean bags, bar stools, sofas, beds, bookcases, etc.
- Bulky and Oversized Items
Zip Moving and Storage retains the right not to move any items that may cause property damage.
Neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf will be liable for any damages to items that weigh more than 200 pounds or for any items that exceed the clearance of hallways, stairways, or doorways where such items are not disassembled by Shipper before being moved. Common oversized or extremely heavy items include, but are not limited to, certain musical equipment (such as grand pianos), pool tables, hot tubs, ceramic grills, full-size copiers, fireproof cabinets/safes, grandfather clocks, workbenches, exercise equipment, etc.
In case the Shipper requires Zip Moving and Storage to move a Piano up or down stairs, Zip Moving and Storage will not be responsible for any damages or losses.
- Assembly and Disassembly
The Shipper is responsible to inform Zip Moving and Storage of any items that require assembly or disassembly prior to the pickup.
If any furniture requires complex parts, lots of screws, and significant time to be assembled or disassembled, additional charges for special handling will apply based on the item.
The Shipper is required and responsible to notify Zip Moving and Storage in writing at least twenty-four (24) hours before the scheduled move if any special handling will be required before the crew arrives at the pickup location.
Zip Moving and Storage will not assemble any out-of-the-box furniture, nor any furniture previously disassembled by the Shipper or any other 3rd party.
- Special Handling
Additional heavy item handling is applicable for any piece of furniture that weighs more than 200 lbs. Examples of such items include, but are not limited to; pianos, large tables, gym equipment (ellipticals, treadmills, etc), armoires, large dressers (triple, double), recliners, electronic appliances (fridges, washers, dryers), sculptures, art installations, items made out of heavy stones, heavy metals or full wood, etc. Zip Moving and Storage reserves the right to charge an additional fee to move any items which require special handling, in its sole discretion.
- Thin Wood, Presswood Furniture
Neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf will be liable for damages to any particleboard, chip-core, or pressboard furniture.
- All furniture must be emptied before movers arrive (i.e. dressers and drawers).
Neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf will be liable for any damages to personal property that is prohibited from moving or transporting, as applicable. Prohibited items include, but are not limited to hazardous materials, such as combustible liquids (alcoholic beverages; acids; oils; paints; etc.), compressed gases (aerosols, engine starter fluids; scuba diving tanks; etc.), explosives (ammunition; loaded guns; propane tanks; etc.), flammables (ammonia; bleach; gasoline; motor oil; petroleum products; etc.), perishables (frozen food; plants; produce; refrigerated food; etc.), contraband or other items prohibited by federal or state law (illegal drugs; etc.), stolen property, and other property which you do not have a lawful right to possess. Any party, directly or indirectly, tendering to the Mover any explosives or dangerous goods, without previous full written disclosure to the Mover of their nature and or danger, shall be liable to indemnify Zip Moving and Storage and any person or Representative acting on its behalf against all loss or damage caused by such goods and such goods may be warehoused at Shipper’s risk and expense or destroyed without compensation.
You acknowledge and understand that, notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, Zip Moving and Storage has, and shall at all times retain, the right to refuse or cancel an Order for Services at any time for any reason. The circumstances that may warrant a refusal or cancellation of Services, include, but are not limited to, the following circumstances:
Zip Moving and Storage may cancel an order for Services if you, or someone else at the location to be serviced, is being, is in the process of being, or has been evicted.
- Prohibited Property
Zip Moving and Storage may refuse to provide or limit the Services and/or your order may be canceled if it is determined, in Zip Moving and Storage’s sole discretion, that the property you have requested to be moved is prohibited by these Terms, including property, explicitly prohibited under Section 8.
- Dangerous, Hazardous, or Unsanitary Conditions
If the location where the Services are to be performed is either too dangerous, hazardous, or unsanitary, in Zip Moving and Storage’s sole discretion, Services may be refused or canceled. For example, your order may be canceled or rescheduled if the location does not meet reasonable cleanliness standards and/or poses a potential health or safety risk (e.g., an unfinished attic, a hoarding scenario, the presence of animal or other human waste products, a flooded or recently flooded location, etc.).
- Inclement Weather
In cases of inclement weather, you may be required to reschedule and/or delay your order for Services to another time, or the order may be canceled or refused without a cancellation fee. If Services are nonetheless performed despite inclement weather, you will not be eligible for protection under the Damage Protection Policy described in Section 8 (and its subparts) below for any damages incurred as a result of the inclement weather. Inclement weather can include but is not limited to, heavy rain, snow, sleet, hail, lightning, and high winds.
- Access to property
Zip Moving and Storage reserves the right to refuse or cancel ordered Services if your property cannot be accessed or is deemed to be, in Zip Moving and Storage’s sole discretion, too far away from the location of the moving vehicle. For example, Services may be refused or canceled because a driveway is too dangerous to traverse or the Movers would be required to walk 100 yards or more to move each item of property to a moving vehicle. If Services are nonetheless performed and the Movers are required to walk a significant distance (in Zip Moving and Storage’s sole discretion) from the moving vehicle to your personal property, you are advised that you or someone else subject to your direction and control should remain with your personal property at each location to ensure that your personal property is not subject to theft. Personal property lost or stolen because the Movers must travel a significant distance (in Zip Moving and Storage’s sole discretion) between a moving vehicle and your personal property shall not be covered by the Damage Protection Policy described in Section 8 (and its subparts) below.
- Narrow Doorways, Hallways, or Stairs
Zip Moving and Storage may refuse to provide or limit the Services if it is determined, in Zip Moving and Storage’s sole discretion, that the property you have requested to be moved cannot be safely moved through a narrow doorway, hallway, or other passageway or cannot be safely moved up or down stairs. In the event that you require Movers to continue providing Services after being advised of the danger, you waive any right to receive any reimbursement for damages that may result.
- Insufficient Moving Space
In the event that your property will not fit into a moving truck, pod, or other service vehicles, Zip Moving and Storage may refuse to continue loading any additional property until such truck, pod, or another vehicle has been unloaded.
Unless otherwise provided herein, if your order is canceled or rescheduled based on the foregoing Terms or any other Term in this agreement, you will be subject to all applicable cancellation or rescheduling fees.
The Shipper is required to schedule a service elevator at any of the locations where the services will be performed (pickup, delivery, stop-off). Service elevators usually require reservation ahead of the services taking place. Failure to reserve the elevator can result in additional charges. The Shipper must make advance arrangements for elevators (have them padded) or other services and pay any charges. The Mover will charge for waiting time caused by a lack of sufficient elevator service.
- If the Shipper requires a Certificate of Insurance (COI), they are responsible to deliver correct information regarding Certificate Holder and Additional Insured.
Zip Moving and Storage is only forwarding the information received from the Shipper to the Insurance Company.
Any consequences due to the faulty information on the COI are the Shipper’s responsibility and neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf is to be held liable.
- If Zip Moving and Storage does not meet the requirements, the Shipper may try and waive the COI (lower the requirements) in cooperation with the party that is requiring the COI.
Zip Moving and Storage provides two valuation options: Limited liability and full replacement value (FVP). Both plans cover furniture and boxes packed/unpacked by Zip Moving and Storage We suggest you purchase third-party insurance to protect your property. Please read carefully before making your selection. Subject to the minimum valuation of $0.60 per pound per article and in compliance with and subject to the provisions of 49 CFR Section 375.701(a), Zip Moving and Storage cannot control whether proper packing methods are used by the Shipper, therefore on boxes packed by the owner as well as pressed wood (particle board) furniture, fragile or brittle items such as glass, china, ornaments, etc.; liability is limited to $0.60 per pound per article.
- FULL VALUE PROTECTION:
Under Full Value Protection, your mover is responsible for the replacement value of lost or damaged goods in your entire shipment. This is the more comprehensive, but also more expensive, option for protecting your belongings. Unless you choose the Released Value option, described below, your mover will automatically move your belongings under this level of liability.
While moving, if any of your items are lost, destroyed, or damaged, your mover will offer to do one of the following for each item:
-Repair the Item
-Replace with a similar item
-Make a cash settlement for the cost of the repair or the current market replacement value.
Under this option, Zip Moving and Storage is allowed to limit their legal responsibility to loss or damage to items of “extraordinary value”, meaning items that are valued more than $100 per pound (such as jewelry, china, or furs). However, if you specifically list these items on the shipping documents, your mover is still responsible for their safe delivery.
- RELEASED VALUE PROTECTION:
Released Value Protection is the most economical option because it doesn’t cost anything. It is offered by movers at no additional charge, but the protection is minimal. Under this option, Zip Moving and Storage is responsible for no more than 60 cents per pound per article. For example, if your mover lost or damaged a 50-inch TV weighing 25 pounds, you would only receive $15 (60 cents x 25 pounds).
If you choose this option, you must sign a specific statement on the bill of lading or contract to agree to it. Just remember that you will only be compensated according to the weight of the item, not its actual value. If you do not select Released Value Protection, your shipment will automatically be transported at the Full Value Protection.
Zip Moving and Storage has the right to inspect and repair any alleged damage. Shipper waives all claims and neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf is liable or negligent for any damage to the interior or exterior of any residence including, but not limited to walls, floors, ceilings, stairs, banisters, carpets, plumbing, doorways, driveways, walkways, landscaping, etc. Zip Moving and Storage does not accept liability for firearms, jewelry, cash, bank notes, any financial instruments, hazardous materials, or liquids.
- EXTRAORDINARY VALUE ITEMS:
Zip Moving and Storage has limited legal responsibility for loss or damage to items of “extraordinary value”.
Extraordinary Value Items are all items valued at more than $100.00 per pound which exceeds the recovery rate.
Such items are for example but are not limited to, jewelry, china, rugs, silverware, furs, antiques, computer software, paintings, fine art, custom furniture, statues, electronic devices, instruments, etc.
If any of such items were packed by the Shipper, Zip Moving and Storage will not be responsible to reimburse the Shipper for any damages to such property.
In addition, the Shipper must notify Zip Moving and Storage in writing about any such items before the move.
- Neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf shall be liable for the loss or damage of the goods unless the claim is made in writing and supported by pictures, value, and weight. As a condition precedent, all outstanding balances due to Zip Moving and Storage must be paid in full before any claim can be made.
- Zip Moving and Storage shall not be liable for loss or damage occurring after the property has been delivered to or receipted for by the consignee or shipper, or the authorized agent of either. When Zip Moving and Storage is directed to unload or to deliver property (or render any services) at a place or places at which the consignee or its agent is not present, the property shall be at the risk of the owner after unloading or delivery.
- Any claim for loss, damage or overcharge shall be in writing and filed with Zip Moving and Storagewithin ninety (90) days after a reasonable time for delivery has lapsed, provided, however, that such claim period shall be nine (9) months with respect to Long Distance Jobs. As a condition precedent to any claim adjustment or payment, said claim shall be accompanied by the original paid bill for transportation and original bill of lading, if not previously surrendered to Zip Moving and Storage. Zip Moving and Storage may require certified or sworn statement of claim.
- Where Zip Moving and Storage is directed to load property from (or render any services at) a place or places at which the consignor or its agent is not present, the property shall be at the risk of the owner before loading.
- Zip Moving and Storage’s liability with regard to sets or matched pieces shall be limited to repair or replacement of the lost or damaged piece or pieces only, and only to the extent set forth in Section 11 of this Agreement, and shall not extend to repair, replacement or recovering of the entire set, but in no event to exceed the released value.
- Our aim is to resolve any claim as soon as possible when receiving your Zip Moving and Storage claims submission form, images, and relevant documentation regarding your claim.
- The claim must be submitted in writing to Zip Moving and Storage. After you submit your claim, Zip Moving and Storage has 30 days to acknowledge receipt of your claim. Zip Moving and Storage has 120 days to provide you with a disposition. Zip Moving and Storage is entitled to 60-day extensions if the claim cannot be processed or disposed of within 120 days.
- Claimant/submitter of the forgoing claim to Zip Moving and Storage hereby makes a solemn oath to the truth of the statements contained herein and exhibits attached, hereto, and that no material fact is withheld that should be included in this claim report. Once this claim/form has been reported/submitted claimant has 48 hours to report any additional issue, after which no additional items or issues can be added to the claim or be raised as a new claim to Zip Moving and Storage.
- In the circumstances that a claim is open and or requested prior to the completion of delivery or services, Zip Moving and Storage & Storage reserves the right to issue a refund or compensation for the claim only after the goods have been delivered and or the service has been marked completed.
- If you have a claim to make, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a claim form. Once you submit your Zip Moving and Storage claim form, you will be emailed a copy of the form for your own records.
- A claim cannot usually be resolved immediately and may take some time before items can be inspected and repaired or replaced. We appreciate your cooperation and patience in this process. You can expect the following from the process:
- We take your feedback and claims very seriously. Once we have received all the information regarding your claim including any supporting pictures or evidence our claims team will be in touch to begin investigating your claim.
- Your appointed contact in our claims department will be your primary contact as we attempt to resolve your claim.
- If you accept an offer presented by your claims Representative, Zip Moving and Storage will compensate you accordingly. Any payment you accept shall constitute a waiver of all further claims you may have against Zip Moving and Storage or its Representatives as a result of your move. However, if the parties are unable to agree upon a settlement of claims, Zip Moving and Storage will work with an independent arbitrator where appropriate for resolution of any and all remaining issues.
If Zip Moving and Storage or its Representative cause damages to your real property while performing the Services and you timely file a claim for damages, Zip Moving and Storage will only assume the following liability for damages, provided that all your damages, whether to real or personal property shall be subject to the maximum total per order limitations described above ($1,000 for Movers Only Help/Mover Services and $2,000 for Truck and Movers/Transportation):
- Damages to Wood Floors
In the event that wood floors are damaged, Zip Moving and Storage will only repair or replace the local area damaged. Zip Moving and Storage will not resurface or refinish the entire floor and does not guarantee an exact match with any original pre-Services finish. In addition, Zip Moving and Storage will only offer a reasonable market rate, in its sole discretion, for the repair of the local area damaged.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing
Zip Moving and Storage will not pay for any minor nicks or scratches, or dents to wood flooring that, in Zip Moving and Storage’s sole discretion, may be expected as part of the completion of the Services. You should cover your wood flooring with protective materials, including, but not limited to, ram board or other floor protection rolls, doormats, cardboard, rugs, or runners, prior to receiving any Services. You should also ensure that any furniture that you need to be moved is placed on sliders or that sliders are made available to the movers. In addition, if you do not have any coverage for your wood flooring, you should not permit the Movers to use any dollies or other hand trucks, which may be more likely to cause damage to your wood floors.
- Damages to Handrails, Walls, Doors, and Drywall
Neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf shall be liable for what Zip Moving and Storage, in its sole discretion, determines are minor nicks, scratches, or scuffs to the real property, including, but not limited to, any paint damage, that you may incur as a result of the Movers’ performance of the Services. Zip Moving and Storage may, but shall not be required to, assume liability for what Zip Moving and Storage determines, in its sole discretion, constitutes significant damage to handrails, walls, doors, and/or drywall. In such case, Zip Moving and Storage will, at its option, either (i) repair the damage to the extent necessary to restore it to the same condition in which it existed prior to your receipt of the Services or (ii) pay you for the cost of such repairs based on a reasonable market rate for such services, as determined by Zip Moving and Storage in its sole discretion.
- Damages to Mailboxes
If Zip Moving and Storage damages your mailbox while performing the Services, Zip Moving and Storage will offer to, at its option, either (1) repair the damage to the extent necessary to restore it to the same condition in which it existed prior to your receipt of the Services, (2) pay you for the cost of such repairs based on a reasonable market rate for such services, as determined by Zip Moving and Storage in its sole discretion, (3) replace the damaged mailbox with one of like kind and quality, or (4) pay you for the cost of a replacement.
- Other Damages
Neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf will be liable for any other damages to your real property, including, but not limited to, any damages to lawns, landscaping, sprinklers, sidewalks, or driveways (including, without limitation, any cosmetic damage to driveways or other concrete or paved areas). You should not allow any transportation or other vehicles to park on your driveway or sidewalks if they are not capable of supporting such vehicles or if you are concerned that they may damage your driveway, sidewalks, or lawn. You should notify Zip Moving and Storage prior to any Third Party Company arriving to perform the Services so that they may make arrangements to park on a street or other designated area.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL ZIP MOVING AND STORAGE OR ANY OF ITS AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO SHIPPER OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE, PROFIT, OR LOSS OF DATA OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE WAS FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT CONTRACTOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE, EXEMPT IN THE CASE OF ZIP MOVING AND STORAGE’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT.
- The walkthrough form may be completed by Zip Moving and Storage prior to Pickup and following Delivery. Usage of this form depends on the Mover at the arrival to the pickup location.
The mover will be going through rooms with the Shipper taking notes of the preexisting or any resulting damages to both items and property.
At the Pickup location, the list that is made is afterward compared to the list made at Delivery. Any new damages that result from poor handling or transportation will be determined based on any differences between the completed walkthrough forms (IE sofa was damaged before the movers started work and it was noted on the Walkthrough form at Pickup). Zip Moving and Storage will not be held responsible any damages that were identified in the walkthrough form at Pickup, or for any damages that failed to be identified in the walkthrough following delivery.
The movers have the right to take photos of the damages discovered during the walkthrough.
The neutral arbitration program has been designed to give neither party any particular advantage. If a dispute arises between Zip Moving and Storage and the Shipper arbitration may be a mutually beneficial alternative to help resolve the dispute. Section 49 CFR Section 375.211 provides that a mover must have a program in place to give the Shippers an Arbitration alternative. Arbitration is optional and not required under Federal law.
A. Summary of the arbitration process: Arbitration is an alternative to courtroom litigation. It provides each party to the dispute to present their cases and allows a neutral third-party arbitrator to decide the merits of each side’s case. Arbitration subject to this agreement shall be conducted via written submission and, subject to the arbitrator’s discretion, through telephonic appearance. After the initial filing fees have been paid and the arbitrator selected, the initiating party or “Claimant” must submit a written brief summarizing their legal position and factual claims. All supporting documentation must be included with the initial arbitration brief. Copies of all documents must be submitted to all parties involved in the arbitration. Upon receipt of the Claimant’s arbitration brief and supporting documents, the responding party or “Respondent” will have 30 days to file their responsive arbitration brief and supporting documentation. Further deadlines and timetables are subject to the arbitrator’s discretion.
B. Legal effects: If the arbitration alternative is chosen, then any decision made by the arbitrator will be legally binding. Additionally, an arbitration decision may not be appealed in a court of law. All parties agree that the Arbitrators decision will be based exclusively on the governing United States Federal Law without regard to conflicting State laws or regulations.
C. Applicable costs: Each party is responsible for the costs associated with the arbitration. A benefit to the arbitration alternative may be that it is less expensive than traditional litigation. Each party is responsible for 50% of the costs associated with securing the arbitrator and 100% of their expenses, including but not limited to attorney fees. There is a $250 filing fee FOR EACH PARTY and a supplemental charge of $50 administration fee. Call Zip Moving and Storage at the phone number on the front of this form for ADR processing forms.
- Pickup Time Window:
LOCAL: Zip Moving And Storage cannot guarantee pickup or delivery window at Local moves. However, we can provide an approximate arrival time. Neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf shall be liable for delay caused by highway obstruction, faulty or impassable highways, or lack of capacity of any highway, bridge, or ferry, or caused by breakdown or mechanical defect of vehicles or equipment, or from any cause other than the negligence of the Mover; nor shall Zip Moving And Storage be bound to transport by any particular schedule, means, vehicle or otherwise than with reasonable dispatch. Zip Moving And Storage shall have the right, in case of physical necessity, to forward said property by any carrier or route between the point of shipment and the point of destination.
For safety reasons, we use GPS for Commercial Vehicles. These GPS devices are programmed to use routes for commercial vehicles ONLY, based on the vehicle’s height, width, and weight. GPS may avoid routes with low clearance bridges, overpass prohibited roads for commercial vehicles, overweight, Pkwy, and similar. GPS used by Zip Moving and Storage may not show the same routes as other software applications, e.g., Google Maps, Apple Maps, and similar applications.
- Pickup window: Depends on the job size and Zip Moving and Storage availability. Usually around two to three days, during which time the Shipper must be available at all times.
- Pickup and Delivery schedule and service options:
Guaranteed service on or between agreed dates is an optional service that is available to you at an additional cost. This optional extra service guarantees that your shipment will be picked up, transported to the destination, and delivered on specific guaranteed dates.
Per diem rate for the delayed delay:
If the Mover fails to provide the service within the date range as agreed, Shipper is entitled to be compensated at a predetermined amount or a daily rate (per diem of $30.00) regardless of the expense the Shipper may actually have incurred as a result of the Mover’s failure to perform. Absent selecting and paying for the optional extra service guaranteeing specific pick-up and delivery dates, the mover is only required to pick up and deliver your property with reasonable dispatch and in a reasonable time. Mover and the Shipper hereto acknowledge and agree that the per diem rate set forth above shall constitute liquidated damages and not a penalty and shall be Shipper’s exclusive remedy in the event of Mover’s delay. The parties further acknowledge that (i) the amount of loss or damages likely to be incurred is incapable or is difficult to precisely estimate, (ii) the amounts specified in such subsections bear a reasonable relationship to, and are not plainly or grossly disproportionate to, the probable loss likely to be incurred in connection with any failure by Mover to perform Pick-Up or Delivery on the estimated date(s), (iii) one of the reasons for the Mover and the Shipper reaching an agreement as to such amounts was the uncertainty and cost of litigation regarding the question of actual damages, and (iv) the Mover and the Shipper negotiated this Agreement at arm’s length.
Each Shipper will be given an estimated delivery window on the estimate for services. Mover will do its best to deliver in the delivery window.
Zip Moving and Storage will try and complete the delivery in a timely manner and neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf shall be held liable for any physical conditions or circumstances preventing the completion of delivery services. If the Mover’srepresentative can not deliver the goods by the usual means such as service elevator or stairs, an additional charge may be applied (hoisting, using additional equipment, etc.).
- Long Distance Delivery Service Options:
(1) Standard Service (S.S.): estimated delivery is up to 21 (twenty-one) business days from the date indicated as first available for delivery (not from the pickup date). Any oral promises made regarding delivery or pickup dates and times are mere estimates. Zip Moving and Storage guarantees delivery to take place within 30 business days of the date first available for delivery. (time calculations exclude days in storage). Any changes to the order will extend this time.
(2) Premium Guaranteed Service (P.G.S.): This optional service guarantees delivery on a specific delivery date. In addition to the line haul and accessorial charges, the fee for “Premium guaranteed service” is 42% of the line haul total estimated charge. If guaranteed delivery service is not selected by the Shipper and included as a line item charge on the estimate and bill of lading, then standard delivery service will apply.
The delivery time frame may change based on the time of year, weather conditions, road conditions, other acts of God, delivery schedule, geographic location of the move, and other unknown factors. The Mover will do its best to meet any requested pickup or delivery dates. Business days do not include holidays or weekends. Zip Moving and Storage, Inc. shall not be liable for delay caused by highway obstruction or faulty or impassable highways, or lack of capacity of any highway, bridge, or ferry, caused by breakdown or mechanical defect of vehicles/ equipment.
Guaranteed Pickup or Delivery:
This service is not always available. Unless otherwise specified in writing and incorporated by reference into this tariff Zip Moving and Storage does not offer a delivery service other than the 30 business day outside delivery period/window guarantee as explained further below.
Shipment Consolidation and exclusive use of a vehicle (straight truck):
Unless otherwise stated in writing, a Shipper’s property could be consolidated with another Shipper’s property on the same truck while transported. Unless “exclusive use of vehicle” service is ordered the property will not stay on the same truck that performed the pickup. To help organize and consolidate shipments it is not unusual that the property will be offloaded, temporarily stored, and then transported on different trucks or by subcontractors. Exclusive use of vehicle service is offered exclusively at the discretion of Zip Moving and Storage, Inc.
Expedited Service or Rush:
This service is offered exclusively at the discretion of Zip Moving and Storage at a rate as incorporated by reference into this tariff. This service is available when a Shipper needs a rush pickup. Delivery is completed in the standard delivery window.
Your total estimated cost is based on the estimated weight/cubic Feet or time it will take to move your belongings, excluding cost for boxes if packing. The estimated weight is based on the inventory you provided to your Moving Consultant or Moving coordinator. If the inventory, or access information, you provide is incomplete or inaccurate, actual charges may vary. Please contact your Moving Consultant or Moving coordinator if you have any additional items or information to add. We understand logistics and inventory changes may occur from the original information provided to your Moving Consultant or Moving Coordinator. Therefore, we allow changes up to 3 business days from the start of your move.
In accordance with 49 CFR § 305.403(a)(6)(ii) and/or 49 CFR § 305.405(b)(7)(ii):
If prior to or on the day of the scheduled pick-up the Shipper tenders more property or makes a change to the initial order for which they received an estimate; Zip Moving and Storage may either (1) undertake the job with the additional property, in which case the Shipper would only be required to pay 10% more than the initial estimate to receive the property on a non-binding estimate or 100% of the binding estimate and the remaining balance will be billed after the 30-day deferment (billable); r (2) the Moverand Shipper may execute a NEW ESTIMATE document, prior to Loading or otherwise beginning the job, this new estimate given prior to loading will serve as the only active estimate for which charges will be calculated.
The Revised Written New Estimate must only be used when the Shipper changes their order for moving services after the original written estimate has been issued, but before moving services have begun. Changes could include ordering additional services or moving additional items. A New Estimate should only be used in circumstances where the Shipper has made substantial changes to their order for moving services. Most importantly, in the cases where a New Estimate is necessary, the Shipper must be given a fully complete and itemized copy of the document listing the new total estimated price and additional services. This is done only on Long Distance jobs, jobs going into the Storage, or when the Shipper requires it prior to the pickup. Assuming the consumer had ordered additional services or changed their original moving order, the moving services may only begin after the Shipper has reviewed, approved, signed, and been given a copy of the onsite new estimate.
The Mover may provide you with a new estimate (New Onsite Visual Estimate). If you have not signed the revised New Estimate, and the Mover loads the truck, then Federal regulation requires that the Mover has reaffirmed the original estimate and cannot demand additional payment at delivery for the additional items. Any balance due above the binding estimate would need to be billed by the mover thirty days after delivery.
The Shipper should notify Zip Moving and Storage of modifications at least three business days before the scheduled pick-up date, to avoid surprises at pick-up! On the day of pick-up if any change to the previous estimate (original), your Mover may offer you a newly revised estimate listing all costs for the entire move including the additional services ordered or additional items to be moved, if any. The total price will be the same as the price listed on the estimate if your inventory’s estimated weight/volume has not changed and if you do not require additional services. If your inventory’s estimated weight/volume increases or if you require additional services, however, then your price may change based on the rate per pound and cubic feet stated in this estimate.
If you do not agree to pay for the additional services/items/added hours/weight, Mover retains the right to move only the items, and perform only the services, that were originally agreed upon during booking.
- Special handling services defined by Zip Moving and Storage & Storage are packing, handling, and assembly/disassembly services for heavy, valuable, fragile, and unique items, and or moving requests. Special handling services require additional labor, skills, equipment, planning, and materials, which subsequently require a special handling fee.
- When booking your move, the Shipper is responsible for clearly defining all of their items and required moving services, Zip Moving and Storage will inform the Shipper which items or required moving services have an associated special handling fee or service charge. If a Shipper’s furniture or item requires special handling that was not disclosed to Zip Moving and Storage during the booking process or disclosed to Zip Moving and Storage with a minimum of 5 business days’ notice prior to their move day the Mover reserves the right to not disassemble the furniture item. Zip Moving and Storage requests that Shippers seek expert and professional furniture disassembly services for complex and special items that require special handling prior to their move day so that the Mover can move the disassembled item to the drop-off location. The Mover will not assemble such items at the drop off location. The Mover may, in its sole discretion, attempt to move such items if possible without disassembly. If the item can not be moved without disassembly, and special handling is required but not requested, the MoverZip reserves the right to move the item, and neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf will be held liable for any damages or claims. The Shipper will be responsible for sourcing the appropriate experts to disassemble and assemble the furniture for it to be moved safely. Neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf will be held liable to refund the charged items that are not moved due to the Shipper’s inability to inform the Mover of special handling requirements.
- Additional padding/protection handling is applicable for furniture that consists of one or more of the following, but is not limited to: marble, any type of stone, glass, crystal, mirrors, screens (Pelotons, etc), or picture frames larger than 4 ft x 4 ft. These items might be subject to additional protection with moving blankets, cardboard and even wooden crating; thus resulting in additional fees.
- Additional disassembly/reassembly handling is applicable for furniture that requires movers to take out 20 screws or more or spend 20-plus minutes to disassemble/reassemble. Items that fit under this category include, but are not limited to, armoires, bookcases, shelves, cabinets, entertainment centers, beds (storage, captains, canopy, electric, loft, trundle, bunk, adjustable), sofas, wall units, etc.
- Additional heavy item handling is applicable for any piece, or furniture that weighs more than 200 lbs. Examples of such items include, but are not limited to; pianos, large tables, gym equipment (ellipticals, treadmills, etc), armoires, large dressers (triple, double), recliners, electronic appliances (fridges, washers, dryers), sculptures, art installations, items made out of heavy stones, heavy metals or full wood, etc.
- The Mover does not assemble out-of-the-box furniture of any kind. The Mover will move boxed items but does not offer assembly services for unboxing furniture items.
- The Mover will not assemble furniture that was previously disassembled by another individual or company (DBO). The Mover will move the disassembled pieces however it is the responsibility of the Shipper to assemble that piece of furniture. Neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf will be held liable for any damages or claims regarding the damage of items disassembled and packed by the Shipper.
- The Mover reserves the right to refuse to disassemble or move pieces that require special instructions or training in order to be moved. Such items include, but are not limited to; gym equipment, built-in furniture installations, pool tables, refrigerators, and commercial equipment.
- The Mover reserves the right to refuse to move or leave behind an item or piece of furniture based on the crew foreman’s assessment of the situation, with the main factors being the safety of all parties and potential damages that could occur; eg. The foreman concludes that moving a piece is dangerous to the environment (walls, floors, doors), the state of the piece (possible damages), and most importantly the health and safety of movers, Shippers, and bystanders.
- Neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf will be held liable for any damages caused when assembling and disassembling furniture. It is at the discretion of the Mover to determine if an item requires additional handling fees due to the size and complexity of the requested assembly and disassembly services.
- It is the responsibility of the Shipper to fully disclose the true nature of the size and complexity of their items. The Mover has the right to charge additional handling fees or refuse to move an item if, on the day of a move, large and complex items are present which were not fully disclosed at the time of booking.
- It is the responsibility of the Shipper to contact the manufacturer of an item if it requires specific handling and care for the manufacturer to send their technicians to disassemble the item prior to the Mover picking up the item to be moved.
- The Mover provides a variety of furniture handling services, some of which require special handling that must be communicated prior to the move as they may require an additional fee and resources to complete the move safely.
- Large wall units must be communicated at the time of booking to ensure resources are available to handle such items, an additional handling fee will apply.
- Armoire, china cabinets, pool tables, pianos, exercise machines, and similar oversized items that cannot be moved in one piece due to size or fragile material such as glass or compressed wood require an additional handling fee as they must be disassembled and reassembled. Neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf will be held liable for damage caused to PRESSWOOD furniture due to the fact of its many weaknesses and instabilities compared to true wood furniture. It is a short-term furniture option made from wood pulp and other wood and paper manufacturing waste products. Pressboard has a laminate paper covering with a wood grain pattern, which if damaged, cannot be repaired, unlike true wood furniture. Furniture made of pressboard ranges from tables and bookshelves to nightstands and desks. It normally comes in a box, and its pieces must be put together. We highly recommend the Shipper disassemble these items to insure safe transport. The Mover can do this upon request, and extra labor charges will be applied on guaranteed price moves only.
- Memory Foam Mattresses: Due to the manufacturer’s statements, memory foam mattresses have a high probability of foam shifting internally during the moving process. If this occurs, the mattress may not be repairable. Due to this fact, the Mover is not responsible for internal damages to memory foam mattresses caused by the normal course of moving.
- If you request the reassembly of any of your personal property, neither the Mover nor Zip Moving and Storage (if different from the Mover) will be liable for any damages that may arise as a result of the assembly, attempted assembly, or failed assembly of such items, including, but not limited to, items containing particleboard, chip-core, or pressboard.
- Attics/Crawlspaces: The Mover’s crew cannot go into unfinished attic spaces (i.e., those with plywood floors and exposed insulation) or crawl spaces. The Shipper will be responsible for moving inventory from these spaces to the home’s living space if it is to be loaded onto the moving van.
- The Mover will not reassemble Baby cribs, Bunk beds, Water beds, Adjustable Beds, Swings, Trampolines, and similar items, for safety reasons.
- The Mover will not arrange to install or uninstall washers, dryers, dishwashers, Stoves, Chandelier, Pool Table and similar, ice machines, Curtain rods, tv mounts, water coolers, treadmills or any gym equipment, refrigerators, or any electrical equipment. Neither the Mover nor Zip Moving and Storage (if different from the Mover) will be liable for any damages that may arise due to the actions or inactions of its representatives who performed such services. You should not ask Mover’s representative to provide such services. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Mover and Zip Moving and Storage (if different from the Mover )and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, members, managers, officers, directors and Representatives, harmless from any expenses, losses, costs, (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs), judgments, settlements, damages, awards, interests, fines, and liabilities of whatever kind, including as imposed by a court of law or by any governmental body or agency, that the Mover or Zip Moving and Storage (if different from the Mover) and/or their subsidiaries and affiliates may incur as a result of, arising out of, or in relation to your decision to do so.
- Zip Moving and Storage offers Disposal Services.
- In case the Shipper leaves any furniture at the Pickup or Delivery location, neither Zip Moving and Storage nor any person or Representative acting on its behalf will be liable for any fees incurred for improper handling of disposable items. It is Shipper’s responsibility to arrange disposal if the Shipper does not want Zip Moving and Storage to handle disposal services.
- Zip Moving and Storage will use the following documents:
- Intrastate or Interstate Bill of Lading
- Valuation Addendum / Addendum to Uniform Household Goods Bill of Lading
- New Visual on-site Estimate (Binding or Non-binding)
- Packing Materials Order Form
- Post Contract Services
- Inventory Lists (only used on Long Distance Jobs and jobs entering storage)
- Waiver and Release Agreement
- Walkthrough Form
- Zip Moving and Storage may keep Shippers’ email/contact information after the completion of services, for purposes such as but not limited to marketing purposes, a notice for discounts, and deals, newsletters, promotional emails, announcement emails, special occasion emails, lead nurturing emails, survey emails, etc.
- You can opt-out from receiving emails by clicking “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email.
All or any portion of this Agreement or the services proposed to be performed hereunder by the Mover or Zip Moving and Storage (if different from the Mover) may be assigned by the Mover or Zip Moving and Storage (as applicable) at any time in its sole discretion and without notice.
- MARYLAND (Zip Moving and Storage, Inc)
If a lawsuit becomes necessary to resolve any dispute between Zip Moving & Storage, Inc and the Shipper, said suit shall and must only be brought in circuit or county court in and for Montgomery County, Maryland. Suits involving disputed interstate shipments must be limited to the governing federal law. Both parties agree to submit themselves to the jurisdiction of the Maryland Courts and agree that given the relationship to the state, such exercise is reasonable and lawful.
The Shipper consents to jurisdiction in Montgomery County, Maryland, and hereby waives the right to be served within the State of Maryland.
- GEORGIA (Zip Moving and Storage – Atlanta, Inc)
If a lawsuit becomes necessary to resolve any dispute between Zip Moving & Storage – Atlanta, Inc and the Shipper, said suit shall and must only be brought in circuit or county court in and for Cobb County, Georgia.
Suits involving disputed interstate shipments must be limited to the governing federal law. Both parties agree to submit themselves to the jurisdiction of the Georgia Courts and agree that given the relationship to the state, such exercise is reasonable and lawful.
The Shipper consents to jurisdiction in Cobb County, Georgia, and hereby waives the right to be served within the State of Georgia.