How to prepare yourself for a moving quote estimate
ZIP MOVING & STORAGE CAN HELP YOU OUT!
*We respect your privacy, we don’t share your name with others.SUBMIT
Your information is essential to receive your moving quote.
*We respect your privacy, we don’t share your email with others.VIEW QUOTE
Your phone number will help us provide you with the most accurate moving quote.
YOUR PHONE NUMBER
*We respect your privacy, we don't share your phone number.
One of our move consultants will reach out as soon as possible regarding your request.
Disclosure: Phone calls between you and us may be monitored and recorded. You agree that Zip Moving And Storage can make calls and/or send text messages to you at the telephone number associated with your account. Consent may be revoked at any time by calling 855-947-6543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you looking for a reliable moving company for your next big relocation? Moving is a stressful process that usually requires some help, and sometimes it’s best to turn to the professionals. As a professional moving company, we understand how difficult and challenging the moving process can be, and we are here to help you!
Once you decide you need to move, many questions will pop into your mind. Some of them will probably be:: When will I move? How will I move? Should I call a professional moving company? How much money will that cost me? The list of questions is endless. Luckily, we are here to answer them and make your entire moving experience safe and easy.
What is a moving estimate?
First, you should start planning your move weeks in advance. Before deciding on your next dream location, you should create a moving checklist with all moving costs. This will help you set up your moving budget. It’s good to have at least a rough idea of how much money you’re willing to spend on your relocation. Another important thing is to pick a date that will work best for you. Once you do that, you are ready to get your moving estimate!
A moving estimate is a precise quote for the cost of your move based on your inventory list, the area where you are moving to, and the apartment or house you’re relocating to. Zip Moving & Storage’s expertly trained moving coordinators will plan your move and provide you with the most accurate estimate. No matter how big or small your move, we will be there for you every step of the way.
How to get a moving estimate?
Zip Moving & Storage offers 3 great options to receive your moving estimate. It’s up to you to choose the one that works best for you.
Getting a free quote is easy! Just contact our courteous moving coordinators, and they will give you all the information you need. We know how busy weekdays can be, and that’s why we are available for you 7 days a week.
You can get your free quote today:
- Over the phone – Our experienced moving coordinators will explain all the steps over the phone, as you cover your entire inventory list.
- Virtually – If you have many items or simply don’t know how to explain what you want to relocate over the phone, you can always do a virtual survey with us. Bigger houses with more bedrooms typically require a virtual survey.
- Scheduling an in-home visit – Zip’s skilled moving managers will come to your home and provide an accurate quote for your move.
Types of moving estimates we offer
It’s incredibly important to know how much your move will cost you. Once you have an exact quote, you can start with other moving preparations and keep things under control. The cost of moving can spiral out of control, so be prepared for additional fees. The binding estimate must clearly state what is being shipped and all the services provided. Zip Moving & Storage offers you binding and non-binding moving estimates. Choose the one that fits your specific needs better!
Helpful tips for getting the most accurate estimate
Getting an approximate idea of your moving costs is essential for your move. The price of your move depends on many different factors. Our moving coordinator will work closely with you to develop the price cost of your relocation. You can ease the entire process by following these tips:
- Know what items you want to relocate
- Make sure you have all the details
- Know what you are looking for
- Choose what kind of moving supplies you want
- Plan ahead of your move
- Ask all the right questions
- Decide what needs to be packed for you
What questions can you expect when getting a moving quote?
Moving bulky and fragile items is never an easy task! Zip Moving & Storage wants to relocate all your belongings safely, and that’s why it’s important to always ask the right questions. If you have any bulky or fragile items you want to move, our courteous moving coordinators will ask you the following questions:
- What is your zipcode? – Our moving coordinator needs to know the exact area you’re moving to.
- Are you moving from an apartment or a house? – This is another important question. Depending on your answer, the moving coordinator will make a detailed plan for your relocation.
- Is there a staircase in your home or building?– If there is one, our moving coordinator will ask you how wide or narrow it is, and it would be great if you could provide us with pictures.
- Does your current home have an elevator? – Having an elevator can significantly help our professional movers do laborious work for you.
- Do you have any bulky or fragile items you want to move? – In that case, your items may need some special and additional packing materials and extra care from our expert movers.
- Do you have an accessible driveway? – In some situations, our trucks are unable to park near your home. It can be tricky to move your items, but we will organize your move to perfection if you let us know in advance.
- Do you have any additional information we need to know? – If you have any information you would like to share with us or any doubts about your move, feel free to ask us. We are here to help make your relocation go seamless as possible.
Why is getting a moving estimate important?
Once you get an accurate moving quote for your relocation, it will be easier to plan the next steps of your move. It’s always good to ask for a written estimate and read it over carefully. You should ask about anything that may confuse or worry you. You should insist on transparency and an insurance policy as well. Knowing that important information will allow you to plan and set up the right budget for your move. Choosing a reliable moving company and knowing your quote and moving budget will help make your move seamless!