WHAT IS A PROTECTION PLAN?
ZIP MOVING & STORAGE CAN HELP YOU OUT!
FULL VALUE PROTECTION
Full Value Protection is the most comprehensive plan available for the protection of your goods.
If any article is lost, destroyed or damaged while your mover’s custody, your mover will, at its option 1) repair the article to the extent necessary to restore it to the same condition or pay you for the cost of such repairs;2) Replace the article with an article of like kinda quality m or pay for replacement. The value of your goods will be deemed to be equal to $6.00 multiplied by weight.
Under this option, the cost of your move will be composed of a base rate plus added cost reflecting the cost of providing this full value cargo liability protection for your shipment.
WAIVER OF FULL PROTECTION
Waiver of Full Value Protection. This is a lower level of protection is provided at no additional cost beyond the base rate; however,it provided any minimal protection that considerably less than the average value of households goods.
If any article is lost, destroyed or damaged while your mover’s custody, will settle based on the weight of the individual article multiplied by $0.60 cents. For example, the settlement for the sofa valued at $1,000.00 that weights 400 pounds will be $240.00 ( 400 pounds times 60 cents )
if $6.00 or $0.60 times the weight of sofa declared value amount is:
Then the maximum valuation is:
There are numerous reasons to think about insurance instead of valuation:
- Insurance provides a Full Replacement Value coverage, meaning it will repay for the replacement cost of the broken or lost item. The valuation will pay the real cash price of the article, meaning, the depreciated value only. Valuation plans offer limited coverage and will not grant full coverage.
- Insurance will offer assurance against “Acts of God” (e.g. floods, tornadoes, lightning strikes, etc.) and will cover you especially for the items listed on your agreement at their replacement value.
- When buying insurance, you will receive an actual Declaration of Insurance from a leading insurance company as a proof for your coverage, rather than a note on your Bill Of Lading when purchasing the valuation.
- When you buy valuation, you obtain it from the vendor who provides you with the moving service. By buying actual insurance coverage, you are getting the assistance of an independent, third-party insurance company.
- In addition, you can extend your coverage by purchasing a Storage Extension so your coverage will not lapse while in storage. Valuation does not offer this coverage.
If you require a moving insurance quote please contact your homeowner’s insurance company to determine if they offer moving insurance coverage. The insurance company will compensate you, based on the terms and conditions, for any amount above your deductible.
US DOT #: 2586700
Zip Moving and Storage 8705 Grovemont Circle Gaithersburg, Maryland 20852