The Best Places to Live in Prince George's County, MD
Living in Prince George's County, MD
Welcome to Prince George’s County, Maryland, a vibrant and diverse region just outside the bustling city of Washington, D.C. If you’re considering a move to this area, you’re in luck! In this article, we’ll introduce you to the top five cities in Prince George’s County that offer a perfect blend of quality living, affordability, and community spirit. With attractive median house prices and rental rates, University Park, Fairwood, Cheverly, Bowie, and Greenbelt are some of this county’s best neighborhoods to live in.
Here are some key factors that contribute to the appeal of living in Prince George’s County, MD, and make it an incredible place to call home:
Economic opportunities – Prince George’s County offers residents many economic opportunities. The county is home to several major employers, including the University of Maryland, Capital One, and the National Harbor Development. Additionally, the county is investing heavily in economic development, focusing on attracting new businesses and creating jobs for residents.
Access to Washington, D.C. –One of the biggest draws to living in Prince George’s County is its location just outside the nation’s capital. This means that residents have easy access to all that Washington, D.C., offers, including museums, historical landmarks, and cultural events. Additionally, the county is home to several Metro stations, making it easy to commute into the city for work or leisure.
Diverse community – Prince George’s County boasts a diverse community with residents from all backgrounds and walks of life. This diversity is reflected in the county’s many cultural events and festivals, celebrating everything from Caribbean heritage to African American history. Whether looking for a close-knit community or a vibrant and welcoming place to call home, Prince George’s County has it all.
If you’re contemplating a move to this vibrant region, we’ve curated a list of the top 5 cities and towns in Prince George’s County. These neighborhoods boast excellent schools, access to green spaces, and a range of local attractions to enhance your quality of life. Join us as we explore why these communities should be on your radar!
1. University Park
Nestled in the heart of Prince George’s County, University Park exudes a charming small-town atmosphere while offering close proximity to urban conveniences. University Park is an idyllic place to call home with its tree-lined streets, beautiful parks, and a deep feeling of community.
University Park is located adjacent to the University of Maryland’s main campus, providing residents with easy access to the university’s facilities, events, and resources. This can be particularly appealing to students, faculty, and university staff. Those moving to University Park can expect a median home price of $537,000 and a median rental price of $2,726.
Check out some of the great reasons why University Park, MD, is a beautiful place to live:
- Top-notch schools – University Park is in close proximity to renowned schools and universities, providing children with quality education and a wide range of academic and extracurricular opportunities.
- Tranquil living – Nestled amidst tree-lined streets and picturesque surroundings, University Park provides a serene and peaceful living environment. The city takes pride in its well-maintained parks and green spaces, offering residents ample opportunities to connect with nature and enjoy outdoor activities. Whether strolling along the neighborhood sidewalks or unwinding in the local gardens, University Park provides a tranquil retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Access to amenities – Despite its small size, University Park is conveniently located near shopping centers, restaurants, and recreational facilities. Situated close to Washington, D.C., University Park offers easy access to the nation’s capital and numerous amenities. Residents can enjoy the nearby city’s cultural attractions, job opportunities, and entertainment options.
Situated as a suburban oasis, Fairwood offers a serene and family-friendly environment for residents seeking a balanced lifestyle. With its well-maintained neighborhoods, abundant amenities, and strong community ties, Fairwood is an attractive destination to settle down.
With a median house price of $588,000 and a median rental house price of around $2,900, Fairwood provides an excellent value for your investment. The city features a variety of housing options, from spacious single-family homes to stylish townhouses catering to a range of preferences and budgets. Whether you’re looking to purchase or rent, Fairwood offers affordable choices without compromising quality.
Here are just a few of the many reasons to consider moving to Fairwood:
- Community focus – One of the standout features of Fairwood is its strong sense of community and family-friendly atmosphere. The residents take pride in their neighborhood and actively participate in community events and gatherings. You’ll be able to build lasting connections with your neighbors and make lifelong friendships. The welcoming spirit of Fairwood creates an inclusive environment where everyone feels at home.
- Convenient amenities – Fairwood is a well-planned community that prioritizes the well-being and convenience of its residents. The city boasts an array of amenities that cater to every need and interest. From beautifully landscaped parks and playgrounds for children to walking trails and recreational facilities for active individuals, Fairwood offers ample opportunities to enjoy the outdoors and stay active. Additionally, the city’s proximity to shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment venues ensures that all your daily necessities are within easy reach.
- Superb school district – Fairwood is an excellent choice for families due to its top-notch school district. The city is home to exceptional public and private schools, offering quality education and numerous academic and extracurricular opportunities for students. Parents can rest assured knowing their children receive an education that prepares them for a successful future.
Cheverly combines affordability and convenience, making it a highly sought-after city in Prince George’s County. Suppose you’re considering a move to the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. In that case, Cheverly offers an ideal balance of affordability and accessibility, making it an appealing choice for individuals and families.
Cheverly presents an affordable housing market, with a median house price of approximately $385,000 and a median rental house price of around $1,500. This means you can find a comfortable home at a favorable price point, whether you’re looking to buy or rent.
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should consider moving to Cheverly:
- Commuter-friendly – Cheverly’s location is a major advantage for residents. Situated just a short distance from downtown Washington, D.C., and with easy access to major transportation routes, including the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, Cheverly offers a convenient commute for professionals working in the city. Whether you prefer driving or public transportation, Cheverly’s accessibility ensures a stress-free daily commute.
- Active community engagement – Cheverly has a strong community spirit. Residents of Cheverly take pride in their town and actively participate in community events, neighborhood associations, and volunteer initiatives. A close-knit community fosters a warm and welcoming environment where neighbors become friends. There’s always something happening in Cheverly.
- Small-town feel with urban conveniences – While Cheverly embraces its small-town ambiance, it doesn’t compromise on urban comforts. The town features local shops, restaurants, and amenities within walking distance, providing residents with easy access to their daily needs. Additionally, nearby shopping centers, entertainment venues, and recreational facilities cater to a diverse range of interests and preferences, ensuring that residents can enjoy a variety of experiences without venturing far from home.
As one of the largest cities in Prince George’s County, Bowie combines a rich history with modern amenities and recreational facilities. Bowie offers an ideal suburban lifestyle with its diverse neighborhoods, excellent schools, and a strong sense of community.
With its median house price of approximately $360,000 and median rental house price of around $2,000, Bowie offers attractive housing options that suit various budgets and preferences.
Here are a couple of factors that make life in Bowie so appealing:
- Recreational opportunities – One of the standout features of Bowie is its abundance of recreational facilities and green spaces. The city boasts an array of parks, playgrounds, and sports complexes, offering ample opportunities for outdoor activities and family-friendly fun. Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, or simply unwinding in nature, Bowie’s well-maintained parks and trails provide the perfect backdrop for relaxation and recreation.
- Cultural attractions and amenities – Bowie is a city that embraces its historical heritage and modern amenities. History enthusiasts can explore the city’s historical landmarks, including the Belair Mansion and the Bowie Railroad Station. Additionally, Bowie hosts a vibrant arts community with art galleries, theaters, and annual events showcasing local talent. The city also offers a diverse range of shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment venues, ensuring that residents have access to all their daily needs and leisure activities.
- Excellent schools and education – Bowie’s exceptional school system is a significant draw for families with children. The city has top-notch public and private schools, providing quality education and a nurturing learning environment. Parents can have peace of mind knowing that their children can access outstanding educational opportunities that will help shape their future success.
Renowned for its green spaces and preservation of nature, Greenbelt provides an oasis of tranquility within reach of urban amenities. With its strong emphasis on environmental sustainability, diverse housing options, and vibrant arts scene, Greenbelt is an exceptional place to call home.
The city provides a range of housing options, including single-family homes, townhouses, and apartments, ensuring there’s something to suit various lifestyles and preferences. With a median house price of approximately $350,000 and a median rental house price of around $1,800, Greenbelt is an appealing choice for those seeking a comfortable and budget-friendly home.
Check out some of the reasons why Greenbelt is a great choice for you:
- Natural beauty – Revel in the abundance of green spaces, parks, and nature trails, providing opportunities for outdoor activities and a connection with nature. The city boasts many parks, nature trails, and outdoor recreational areas that allow residents to connect with the environment. Whether you enjoy hiking, biking, bird-watching, or simply unwinding in a serene setting, Greenbelt’s parklands provide ample opportunities for relaxation and outdoor activities.
- Strong emphasis on sustainability – Greenbelt takes pride in its commitment to sustainability and eco-friendly practices. The city promotes initiatives such as recycling programs, energy-efficient buildings, and community gardens. Greenbelt’s dedication to environmental consciousness creates a healthier and more sustainable living environment for its residents, fostering a sense of pride and responsibility in the community.
- Cultural and artistic vibrancy – Greenbelt also boasts a vibrant cultural scene and a calendar full of community events. The city hosts art exhibitions, concerts, theater performances, and seasonal festivals. Residents of Greenbelt can immerse themselves in a rich cultural tapestry, fostering a sense of belonging and community engagement.
Moving to Prince George's County, MD
Prince George’s County, Maryland, is a treasure trove of towns and suburbs that offer a compelling blend of affordability, community engagement, and convenient living. Whether you choose the welcoming streets of University Park, the family-friendly ambiance of Fairwood, the commuter-friendly environment of Cheverly, the diverse neighborhoods of Bowie, or the natural beauty of Greenbelt, each city has something unique to offer.
Take advantage of the opportunity to discover these hidden gems and find your perfect home in Prince George’s County. Their diverse offerings, affordable housing options, and a strong sense of community make them ideal places to call home in Prince George’s County.
Trust our moving company to help you embark on this exciting new chapter of your life. With years of experience and a skilled moving team, your move will be a seamless transition to an exciting new chapter of life in Prince George’s County, MD!